"Be Mine" BreakfastProducts & Recipes
It’s that time of year again.
The time of year where the cold, crisp air makes us want to wrap ourselves in blankets and stay in bed all day. The time of year where the snow is knee deep and the ice on your car is so thick, it takes half an hour just to leave your driveway.
The bright side of going out on Valentine’s day, despite all barriers, is showing the person you love most how much you care for them. But, what if you could do that right from the comfort of your own home?
One of my favourite ways to show affection to the people I love most is by making them a meal. This Valentine’s Day, this delicious "Be Mine" Breakfast will no doubt put you in the good books of your significant other. This crispy toast with a runny egg promises admiration from your loved one and is the perfect edition to a breakfast in bed meal. And don’t forget to toast up your bread cut-outs to soak up the runny yolks!
The best part? You can make this early in the morning, no shopping required, as it uses ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Ingredients for "Be Mine" Breakfast
2 slices of bread
2 tsp / 10 ml butter
2 Burnbrae Farms Shell Eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions for "Be Mine" Breakfast
1. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut a heart from the centres of 2 slices of bread. Lightly spread both sides of bread with butter.
2. Place bread in moderately hot non-stick skillet and break an egg into each hole in the bread. Season with salt and pepper. Cook slowly until the eggs are set and bread is golden. For over easy, turn and cook until done as desired.
- Place a greased cookie cutter back into the bread before pouring the egg to create a precise heart shape.
- Cover the toast with a pot lid or broil it in the oven for a more cooked egg.
- Add a red touch to the heart by adding a little bit of Cajun to the egg for a spicy twist.
- Toast heart shaped piece of bread removed from centre and use it as a garnish.
- These can be prepared and kept warm in a warm oven until the required numbers have been cooked.
What’s not to love about Mother’s Day? Hand-crafted cards, gifts and creative recipes. It’s a day to honor moms and ...