Peanut Butter Cookie RecipeProducts & Recipes
Bake up some goodness on June 12 th ! Each year, National Peanut Butter Cookie Day pays tribute to this family favourite. The day allows cookie lovers and peanut butter lovers to step away from the pies and cakes to indulge in a little cookie and peanut butter therapy.
Fun Fact: the peanut butter we know and love today didn’t become commercially available until 1922 when Joseph Rosefield, a food businessman from Alameda California kept the peanut oil from separating from the solids through a homogenization process. Afterwards, he patented the process and sold it to a company that began making a peanut butter under the Peter Pan brand name.
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (can use crunchy if preferred)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Burnbrae Farms Omega Plus Eggs
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
1. Using an electric mixer, cream together peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, wisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Then add to butter sugar mixture.
3. Roll dough into balls and place onto baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
4. Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 10-12 minutes or until they start to brown.
5. Cool and enjoy!