Simply Egg Whites Make SenseHealth & Nutrition
Have you resolved to lose weight? Here’s why egg white protein makes sense .
Egg whites stand out as a good source of high quality protein that’s relatively low in calories. So they’re a great choice for healthy meal planning, especially if you’ve resolved to lose weight. We all need protein and research suggests that eating a higher-protein diet may help you:
•manage your hunger and cravings
•lower your daily calorie intakes
•lose and avoid regaining weight
•protect your heart health
Protein naturally helps you feel fuller for longer
Research suggests that replacing some of the carbohydrate and/or fat in your diet with protein can be a simple strategy to help you lower your daily calorie intakes .1 Experts recommend that we eat about 25 to 30 grams of high quality protein at each meal. 2 They also suggest we focus on eating enough protein at breakfast - when most people are least likely to hit that target.
People who eat more protein tend to weigh less
According to a study published in the Journal of Nutrition (2015), adults who ate higher-protein diets tended to have a lower body weight (measured as body mass index) and smaller waistlines (measured as waist circumference) than those who ate less protein. 3 In addition, eating a higher-protein diet may make it easier for you keep more weight off after weight loss. 4
Higher protein diets may also benefit your heart health
Plus, eating a higher-protein diet may help protect your heart health. 3 A number of studies have shown that diets that are higher in protein and lower in carbohydrate can help:
- improve blood glucose (sugar) control
- lower blood pressure
- improve blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Tip: Have fun cooking with your kids using fun molds like these!
Looking for a simple way to add protein to your meals?
Naturegg Simply Egg Whites , made from 100% pure egg whites, are a convenient and versatile source of high quality protein. If you’re watching your weight, it’s good to know that a ¼ cup (63g) serving provides only 30 calories and 7 grams of protein. They’re also a source of the B-vitamins folate, niacin and riboflavin.
Plus they naturally contain no fat or cholesterol and have no added ingredients. And since Naturegg Simply Egg Whites are pasteurized, you can cook and bake with them or use them to add protein and a great frothy texture to smoothies.
Nutrition Wise Communications
1. Austin GL, Ogden LG and Hill O. Trends in carbohydrate, fat, and protein intakes and association with energy intake in normal-weight, overweight, and obese individuals: 1971–2006. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2011; 93(4):836-43.
2. Paddon-Jones D and Rasmussen BB. Dietary protein recommendations and the prevention of sarcopenia. Current Opinions in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care 2009; 12(1):86-90.
3. Pasiakos SM, Lieberman HR and Fulgoni VL. Higher-protein diets are associated with higher HDL cholesterol and lower BMI and waist circumference in US Adults. Journal of Nutrition 2015; 145(3):605-14.
4. Aller EE et al. Weight loss maintenance in overweight subjects on ad libitum diets with high or low protein content and glycemic index: the DIOGENES trial 12 months results. International Journal of Obesity, 2014; 38(12):1511-7.
GetBBFfit Lower Body Workout
This is a simple lower body workout that is sure to work you hard and get your legs shaking. Every ...